What does a brand take on, what is it responsible for? Products and services offered are at the top of the list, but a brand also represents a cosmos of values and ideas. If you are looking for cpi training classes near me visit our cpi training classes near me page.
Both aspects have a great weight in the event of a crisis and at the same time offer you a great chance. Let’s see why.
Let’s say a customer has a problem with your product or service.
As a result, you will receive complaints and protests. The mistake was there, okay, the customer’s criticisms are right and you have to confront him.
The strongest and most effective thing you can do is admit the mistake and apologize. This little word will be stronger than you can imagine.
Apologizing, in fact, demonstrates your awareness of the problem, your regret for the situation, then makes it clear that you take the customer’s point of view and show that you are ready to face the consequences to resolve the situation.
But pay attention to authenticity. Apologize only when it really matters and do it sincerely.
Moving, now, to a broader level, or thinking about a general crisis in the markets, for example, taking more collective responsibility, recognizing the difficulties and acting proactively will certainly help to strengthen the image and authority of the brand.
Help or sell?
Times of crisis are certainly not the most suitable to sell, it is evident. So, face the moment by focusing on branding first than on direct sales.
The public is increasingly sensitive to social, environmental, cultural issues and it is even more so if there is a global crisis, once again an example could be the Coronavirus.
That’s why showing that your company is active, ready to give solutions to the difficulties that people face every day, allows you to direct the public towards you and your unique value.
People turn to brands they believe can understand them.
The benefits will be immediate in the return on the image and in the long term also for the business. As we have already pointed out, people will remember those companies they have felt close to and will choose them during the purchase phase.
From words to deeds
Words are not enough. They must not be missing and they must be the right ones, but the facts must also arrive. Even more so if there is an emergency in progress.
If you have run into some slip – do not forget to apologize – get to work immediately to fix it, to solve the problem. Don’t let the words stand alone, back them up with facts.
The difference will be made by every action you take, in the shortest possible time, to retrain yourself in the public eye.
On the contrary, the news that yours are only reassurances that lead nowhere could spread like wildfire and make you lose value.
Remember to show the solutions and improvements made. A mistake can be an opportunity and can demonstrate your skills and will.
Finally, the general concept holds that in the midst of difficulties everyone can show their own depth.
A general crisis can also be your time to show that yours is a concrete company.
How to organize yourself to best face a crisis?
Before leaving, here is a checklist that can help you manage all the aspects that need to be taken into account in the face of a crisis, whatever it may be.
- Prevent. Try to avoid the crisis, at least the internal one. Study all your weaknesses and already look for solutions.
- Identify the problem. Framing the specific case is the necessary step to understand what to do and who should do it.
- Hypothesize the consequences. Ask yourself what could happen and even in this case you already find some answers to give to the public and to be implemented.
- Plan. Prepare guidelines to be able to intervene quickly and effectively in the event of a crisis.
- Use brand identity. When everything around us collapses, what holds us steady is our personality and our value system.
- Create a team. The team is essential during emergencies. There must be no lack of technical and specialized personnel in communication.
- Act and communicate. Provide your solution, explaining the problem and how your company will move to solve it, or give your ideas to tackle the crisis.
- Currency. It is time to understand if the crisis is over or if there have been consequences. This step will be useful for you in the future.